Harry Potter: A Look Back

Harry Potter: It All Ends

Please see the video below for the touching ending to the 10 years of incredible work done by the
Harry Potter cast and crew.
IT ALL ENDS!

Harry Potter: It All Ends

Emotional Goodbyes

J.K. Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Give Emotional Goodbye to 'Potter' Series

J.K. Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Give Emotional Goodbye to 'Potter' Series

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Emma Watson talks Hermione Granger, costars & Brown in Vanity Fair

A new feature on Emma Watson has been released by Vanity Fair. In the short article (accompanied by two photos, seen in our galleries), Emma admits how much she had in common with Hermione Granger from the beginning of the Harry Potter films, that Brown University is like any college she's seen in the movies, and talks about adjusting to becoming an American college student. That can be read below.

Once upon a time there were two little girls living in England. Both were kind, full of energy, and eager to please, and had a charming habit of telling people what to do. One was named Hermione Granger, the other Emma Watson.

“If I'm honest, I was her,” says Watson. “I was very keen. I was super-eager to please and be good. And I was always kind of bossy.”

At age 11, Hermione was so bright and winning that she was selected to go to Hogwarts, the famous school for magic in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. At age nine, Emma was so bright and winning that she was chosen from tens of thousands of girls to play Hermione in the first Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

On life at Brown:

"It was just awful," she recalls thinking at first, during freshman week.

“I was like, I must be mad. Why am I doing this?” And what was with all the party-hearty stuff? She nervously attended her first frat party, hoping she might get into the swing of things.

“I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, Wow, they really do drink from these.” Then she started meeting people: a roommate who had no interest in Harry Potter (phew!), some really friendly rower guys, and eventually one Rafael Cebrián.

On her relationships with her Harry Potter co-stars, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint:

“At the end of the day, when something goes badly, [Dan]’s the one I turn to and talk it over with.”

However, she does admit Daniel, who plays Harry, has his faults, saying: “Some of the most interesting conversations I’ve had have been with him. Daniel is incredibly articulate… but he doesn’t budge, so it drives me crazy. I’ll be stumbling into the trailer in the morning, and he’ll be playing something just very loud and abrasive.”

Emma, 19, is equally as close to Rupert Grint – whose alter-ego in the films is Ron Weasley – and knows she can always rely on him to make her laugh.

She said: “I’d go to Rupert when I needed cheering up. He’s just fun.”

Here's Vanity Fair's Behind the Scenes video of the Emma Watson shoot:



(SOURCE: SNITCH SEEKER)

No comments: