Harry Potter: A Look Back

Harry Potter: It All Ends

Please see the video below for the touching ending to the 10 years of incredible work done by the
Harry Potter cast and crew.
IT ALL ENDS!

Harry Potter: It All Ends

Emotional Goodbyes

J.K. Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Give Emotional Goodbye to 'Potter' Series

J.K. Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Give Emotional Goodbye to 'Potter' Series

Friday, August 27, 2010

New Images, Video, Interview from A/W 2010 People Tree Collection Endorsed by Emma Watson

The People Tree website has been updated with new material from the Autumn/Winter 2010 collection endorsed by Emma Watson (Hermione Granger). The update include a number of new images, which can now be found here in our image galleries, an interview, a note from Emma and a video clip, which you can see here.

The actress writes of her visit to Bangladesh to better understand the impact of Fair Trade:

I still find it hard to convey what Fair Trade means to those producing our fashion - it's just so impressive to see how the women have used Fair Trade clothing to escape poverty and empower themselves and their children. I was very moved and inspired.

Watson also explains that she was not "centrally involved" in the design of the Autumn/Winter 2010 collection but helped in the selection of a number of Fair Trade textiles featuring in the new fashion line. When interviewed, Emma spoke briefly about the processes involved in handmaking garments:

I always find it difficult to impress on people what 'handmade' really means. To make a simple garment they have to produce the yarn, hand-dye the yarn, get it onto the loom, then weave the fabric, cut it to the pattern, sew it into the garment and then embroider it - all by hand. It is so hard for people to imagine what it takes to create something and how special that item of clothing is.

Emma later continues:

I've been given a lot in my life and I have had so many fantastic opportunities. It's really important to me that I try to give something back. I wanted to find the right thing and working with People Tree is so special and rewarding and the best way I can do that at the moment. I really believe in Fair Trade and I just want to see more of it in the world. I need to know there are more places like Swallows.

You can find the full interview on the newly updated website at this link.
 
(SOURCE: THE LEAKY CAULDRON)

No comments: